REB: TB: Renown

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] REB: TB: Renown
  • From: "Robin Shadlow" <rshadlow@wildmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:41:51 -0800

I do think that Renown is a zonal overlaid on a carotene
pattern.  The yellow does show up a little in the photo.
Last year Renown bloomed inside for me in February and
without direct sun, the anthocyanin was much more
prominent, making it easier to see the zonal pattern

I have always assumed that Matrix was a plicata like Light
Beam.  I think the Suttons have done a fair number of
crosses with Matrix, Mike??

It strikes me that Violet Miracle may be one source of
plicata gene expressing as the zonal pattern.  It it such a
strong parent for rebloom that it may explain why there are
so many reblooming zonals.  I have a few crosses with VM
even though it is old, I couldn't resist trying to get that
strong rebloom gene worked into my seedlings, hoping to
improve the form on the f2 generation.

Thanks to everyone for all of the helpful information in
this thread.  I'll be sure to send what data I get to you

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

apologizing if this goes through twice, it never posted
though and I sent it more than 12 hours ag0

Support Care2 Email: 1,400 whales may be killed this year. Take action!

Yahoo! Groups Links

Binary data