TB: Sambuca (L. Johnson '01)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: Sambuca (L. Johnson '01)
  • From: "Cordesview" <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:46:37 -0500

This is one of my most favored "black" iris I grow.  First year bloom on first year plant, I tried my hand hybridizing it, and got several pods around the garden, as well as some pods on it.  This iris was sent to me with my order as a bonus (from Cooley's gardens.), and I truly am thankful!  I hope it has enough increase this year to bloom again in '05!  I can't remember how it looked before I mulched it, but I think it might have been on the scrawny side.

Sambuca (Larry Johnson 2001)

One of the crosses I made with Sam's pollen was with Too Sweet (Ernst '94).  My photo of T.S. is posted on this site, and here's the link. >

I'm curious as to what the seedlings will look like.  :-)  They're planted, but it'll take two or three years before I see blooms.  Oh well, at least I got a start. :-)

Adam~

Adam Cordes
President -- Mio Iriarians
Hillman, Michigan