Re: Re: Canadian Streaker Babies

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Canadian Streaker Babies
  • From: "The Lobergs" loberg@adelphia.net
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:36:59 -0800

Chuck, I have zero scientific ideas to suggest.  I realize, at best, you'd be putting them on "life support".  Getting them to absorb nutrients through the ground, keeping them where their roots are in a luke warm condition so that cold isn't preventing them from absorbing nutrients, getting constant nutrients to their roots... would it help?   Probably futile.

Mother nature does have a rare plant or two which do not rely on chlorophyl
Here's a site which might be interesting:  http://home.earthlink.net/~mlgclub/id51.htm

  Indian pipe, which may be found in our region in mid-summer in moist shady woods, is among the strangest of the blooming plants.  It is one of few plants without chlorophyl, and although it appears to be some type of fungus, it is surprisingly, a member of the Wintergreen family (pyrolaceae ). It is found in deciduous woodlands across the state  Thought by many to be parasitic, it is actually saphrophytic, feeding on decaying material in the soil and does no harm. First appearing ghostly white, it darkens with age, eventually turning black as it dies in about two-three weeks. Because it has no chlorophyll and thus no green pigmentation, another name for it is "corpse plant". . Indian pipes bloom in summer to early fall.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2495202/rand=626324210

Yahoo! Groups Links