Re: Canadian Streaker Babies

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Canadian Streaker Babies
  • From: "irischap" irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 04:02:32 -0000

The posted photo of seedlings under lights show where they are right
now.  Florescent lights about 12 hrs a day. I don't think lighting
condition has anything to do with it.
I've had many different white seedlings die off. Neil also mentioned
this in his post. Its the lack of chlorophyl that does them in. Plant
can't produce nutrients it needs.

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "The Lobergs" <loberg@a...> wrote:
> "Here is a photo of the seedlings from two crosses with Canadian
Streaker as pod parent. About 40 seedlings. 38 white and two green. It
is expected that the white ones will die in about 3 weeks from now."
> Chuck... do you say you expect them to die because you've had a
pattern of this happening to these before?   When it happened before,
what was the time of year, the temperature, and amount of daylight per
day they were getting?
> "Any ideas of how to keep them alive longer. Perhaps if they live
long enough some will start to produce chlorophyl. Chuck Chapman"
> You said in previous post that you have them under lights?  Can we
assume you mean florescent?   How many hours per day?  And what is the
daytime temperature and nighttime temperature ranges?
> Kitty Loberg

Yahoo! Groups Links