RE: Re:PHOTO:RE: Canadian Streaker Babies

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Re:PHOTO:RE: Canadian Streaker Babies
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 23:44:00 -0600

If the seedlings have any bit of stem/rhizome to them, and are actively
growing, and if you have an actively growing mature "normal" plant, you
might be able to graft them onto a rhizome of the mature plant, then they
should get plenty of nutrition from the normal plant to grow and mature, as
long as the connection is maintained and healthy.  It seems to me that the
only way to propagate them and keep them going would be to continue grafting
them onto plants with green folliage.  I don't know if anyone has done this
with Iris, but it works with many other plants.

I don't think you could do anything else besides some sort of really well
planned out feeding program, but I've never seen that work.

Another thought.  Often in other plants, seedlings without chlorophyll will
later develop into variegates or will become normal green plants (if they
survive that long).

Good luck,

Yahoo! Groups Links