Re: HIST: TB: Pink Opal- use of species designation

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HIST: TB: Pink Opal- use of species designation
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:19:24 -0500

While this may have all and only pallida in its ancesry I have problems
calling it a pallida.  It was hyridized in the garden, not collected in
wild and I beilive , several generations from the wild.  As soon as
plants are selected for certain characteristics we soon see things that
are different then nature.
If we used this sort of deignation then we should be calling  long
haired dashunds and  indeed all breeds of dogs , wolves, as their
genetics is 100% from wolves. And to study wolf behavior /genetics we
should use these domestic "Wolves"in our studies, no need to send
biologists into the wild, save a lot of money on resesrch that way.

Chuck Chapman