Re: HYB: REB: seedlings

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: HYB: REB: seedlings
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 05:53:09 -0500

Thanks, Griff.  I'm not quite ready to breed just for a particular color
yet, so whatever crosses I make in that direction with this thing will
be primarily for width, form, and more complete pigmentation (whatever
color) of hafts, without losing any of the toughness this rowdy bunch of
kids has.

So I'm hoping for some smoother hafts, width and a little more lift to
the falls in some of the upcoming crop of seedlings.  I seem to be
getting variegatas without trying, so am not going to intentionally make
crosses to get them <g>.  ....at least not yet.

But I <am> interested in tracking down the best smooth hafted things for
our climate.

Here's another baby picture.  Maiden bloom, cut stalk, poor bud count,
no branching to speak of, too narrow, but a first step towards that
everblooming I. pallida color that I want.  IMMORTALITY X VIOLET

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image