Re: Jedlicka seedling a luminata?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Jedlicka seedling a luminata?
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:11:18 -0500

They may very well be luminata-plicata, but theere is a kicker,
actually a couple of kickers which make that hard to know for sure. I
have had some SDB seedlinggs similar to the very dark one from a cross
of two luminatas. The addition of the anthocyanin enhancement gene,
(probaly associated with a physical cell change)   can change the
appearance.
I'm hoping to get some of my photos of  these cell  modifications into
an article for the bulletin, but may already be too late for Jan
Bulletin, but an article on Anthocyanin Vascula Intrusions  will be in
it, according to editor. These are globuals of  anthocyanin which are
in the cell sap, but not in solution, thus making the flowers nmuch
darker then they would actually be.

Chuck Chapman