Re: HIST: TB: Pink Opal- use of species designation

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HIST: TB: Pink Opal- use of species designation
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:21:15 -0500

Indeed., we need to indeed be cautious. I could accept the  term
"suspected to be "  much more easily then having it stated as a fact,
when there is no supportive hard evidence.  Some  morpological date
comparing to information in "Comparitive Morphological Analysis of the
Genus  Iris L., Pallidae series" Mitic & Pavletic.  Natura Croatica,
Dec 1999,  would be more convincing to me.

Chuck Chapman