Re: Re: HIST: TB: Pink Opal- use of species designation

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: HIST: TB: Pink Opal- use of species designation
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 12:31:22 -0500

If you wish to send some $ for photocopying and  mailing I'll make
copies for you. There are a few colour pages. I was sceptical as well
until I read the papers. They are excellent research, and I'm a
critical judge of research , having trained in reserch. I can't find
any flaws in the research and they have covered many area. Documented
where each of the many ciollection sites were, , did karotypng, scatter
diagrams based on morphological details, seed , leaf and pollen
comparisons and denograms on 14 morphological pieces of data and every
time they got four distinct groupings and the one anomolous population
in one study.

Check Simons  karotype species study data on Dalmatica. Allthough he
didn't declassify it as pallida species it was very strongly implied.
Karoptype problems, among others. I have grown Dalmatica and having
seen it can say leaf structure is very different from pallida norms.
Greener, wider and longer then what is known and it doesnrt fit the
data presented in Mitic et als research into these characteristics.

Classifying something into a pallida group is like classifyng a
siberianclone  into  a siberian class, it doesnt make it an "Iris
siberica"

Chuck Chapman