Re: Re: Re: CULT: Is this weird, or what?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Re: CULT: Is this weird, or what?
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:07:09 EST

In a message dated 12/17/2005 5:07:08 A.M. Central Standard Time, lmann@volfirst.net writes:
<<Pods here have matured without moisture after the stalk has rotted or
broken as young as a month old.>>
Same here.  Even some that I thought couldn't possible be far enough along.  In 2004 I found a stalk on MEMHIS MISS, crossed less than a month earlier, had collapsed at the bottom.  I didn't notice it was in jeopardy until it fell over.  There was no way of knowing how long it had remained healthy.  It produced 110 very tiny white seed.  Being a perpetual optimist, or not wanting to miss an opportunity, I planted them.  I could not believe when I started seeing sprouts in these pots.  Only six came up, but at least one is large enough to bloom in the spring.