  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HAPPY HOLIDAYS! AD: I THINK??
  • From: "Jeanette" onthego3@cableone.net
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:57:29 -0700

 I received this in my email and Paul Black gave me permission to email to iris-photos.

It was a day brightener for me and for my husband.

Jeanette Graham

Zone 6a, rain and wind

Twin Falls, Idaho

Seasons Greetings to each of you.  We hope that 2005 has been a spectacular year and that 2006 will be even better.

The mountain in the background is Mt Hood which many of you that attend the American Iris Society convention will have the great pleasure of seeing either as you fly into Portland or while you are in one of the tour gardens.

The canine staff at Mid-America Garden has grown.  Two mini long-haired dachshunds have hired on.  Cher is black and Diva is brown.  Cher is mine and Diva is Kirk and Thomas's.  That is of no matter to them since they are happy to be near whichever person happens to be close by.  One of my good friends, Bill Kuykendall, jokingly dubbed the picture with Diva in it, "Huskies and Snack".  It isn't quite so funny when Nickel has Diva's head surrounded by her strong jaws.  That is one brave dog.  What a great world it would be if we all had that kind of trust.

The irises are just two that I will introduce in 2006.  I consider Gardening Angel to be one of the very best SDBs I've created.

I'm currently working on the catalog and Thomas is keeping the garden all sparkling clean for the tours this spring.

We look forward to seeing and hearing from many of you this spring.

Paul, Thomas, and the canine quartet

Paul Black / Thomas Johnson

Mid-America Garden

P O Box 9008