Re: TB-LUMIERE D'AUTOMNE-REB

  • Subject: Re: TB-LUMIERE D'AUTOMNE-REB
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:51:16 -0000

Bonjour Loic,

I can't speak French but I can make out the gist of your message.
What is the weather like around Toulouse? I appreciate your effort
here. I will post a photo that shows the metallic gleam which is one
of the characteristics that intrigue me about this iris. My system
here will not allow me to attach to a reply.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "loic tasquier"
<tasquierloic@...> wrote:

> here is the mail i've just sent to Laure ANFOSSO.
> I hope she has time to answer!
>
> This is a bit of exotism for you accross the ocean :
>

> / Bonjour Laure
>
> Je me permets de vous écrire a nouveau.
> Je vous avais denandé des précisions sur Djinn l'an dernier.
>
> Voilà.
> Je suis en contact avec les Américains à travers les deux sites de
discussion IRIS-TALK et IRIS-PHOTO.

> Ils sont très amoureux de Lumière d'automne et ont été très surpris
que j'en parle comme d'un remontant (bien que je ne l'aie jamais vu
remonter en Hollande).
> Daniel Labarbe le classe aussi comme remontant près de Toulouse.
> Remonte-t-il chez vous? Que je confirme aux Californiens que c'est
un iris fait pour eux!

> Mais ce n'est pas pour ses propriétes que je vous écris;
> En fait, en tant que francophone,je suis chargé de vous demander de
remuer ciel et terre pour que quelqu'un retrouve une note quelque
part qui pourrait nous mettre sur la voie des ses parents!

> E. Besse a enregistré quelques iris, mais pas celui-ci!
>
> Nous sommes plusieurs à l'avoir utilisé à l'aveuglette, il est si
beau, mais nous serions très heureux d'en savoir plus, même si ce
n'est pas beaucoup, un indice, quelque chose.

> L'Amérique est en haleine, suspendue à vos lèvres et n'attend plus
que votre réponse !

> Merci pour votre gentillesse,
>
> Loic /

everblooming / continuous / non-daylight dependant rebloomer!
> zone 7 - Nederland
> Email : tasquierloic@...

Late Season, 35.5" (90 cm). Tobacco brown on honey yellow
[background] with fruity fragrance... Euros 5.90". [Translated] -
Photo extracted from the catalog. I visited the Iris en Provence
garden more than 10 years ago and they truly grow irises very well,
comparable to our West Coast commercial iris gardens and his photos
are superb. The Anfosso family are very hospitable, know some English
and Pierre, Monique, Laure and Pierre-Christian are just delightful.
If you are going to southern France in the spring, don't hesitate to
visit them! They wiould be happy to see you.

> Francesca
> arilpums@...

en-provence.com in the south of France where it freezes one hour
every ten years !

> So be it, it's in the posh list!
> Married to Midsummer's Eve, if it's a Carrier, i ought to get
some rebloom !
> Loic TASQUIER
> who, like Betty, could die (or kill)... for a repeat, cycle &
everblooming / continuous / non-daylight dependant rebloomer!
> zone 7 - Nederland
> Email : tasquierloic@...

officially
> registered when it was first introduced, so I haven't seen
that kind of
> info. I have found it a truly distinctive iris and have some
seedlings
> (and seeds) currently. I had no idea it was a rebloomer.
>
> Thanks.
> Donald Eaves
> donald@...
> Texas Zone 7b, USA