Re: REF: More info about Google and Shadowood's Iris Search

  • Subject: Re: REF: More info about Google and Shadowood's Iris Search
  • From: Laurie Frazer <lauriefr@localnet.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:16:43 -0600

> Wow Laurie, not only beautiful IRIS, but exquisite pictures !!!

Aw shucks, John. Thanks.

> May an 75
> year Old Coot, looking forward to his own up coming Iris season in
> April ask
> a very personal question ??

You could ask me a very personal question even if you were only 74. ;-)

> Those are some of the most outstanding Iris
> picture he has ever had the pleasure to look at . They are all so
> sharp,
> clear and have such uncluttered backgrounds, with tremendous depth of
> field,
> would you be willing to let us in on some of your "secrets" for making
> such
> beautiful Pictures , if we say pretty please ???

I'll answer as best I can, but I'm afraid it won't be very satisfying
or helpful for you. I have an older, idiot-proof digital camera (Nikon
CoolPix 800) that I leave on auto mode all the time. Then I take
thousands of pics at all times of day, under all lighting conditions,
and from all angles. Then I go through the thousands of pics and pick
out the couple of hundred that are worth posting on my website.

I then run the best photos through PhotoShop where I resize, crop,
color correct (if necessary), and sharpen (if necessary). The results
are what you see on my website.

I wish I could give you all sorts of technical info about my
photographic process, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know an f-stop from a
turnip or an aperture setting from a brussel's sprout. White balance?
Sorry. Ignorant there, too. I just trust my camera and excessive
picture taking to come up with some decent results, and they usually

Did that help at all???? I'm guessing not.

normal annual precipitation 26-27"

Yahoo! News

Health News

Important health