Re: TB-LUMIERE D'AUTOMNE-REB

  • Subject: Re: TB-LUMIERE D'AUTOMNE-REB
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:34:38 -0000

Hello Loic,

I think it's interesting enough to be used and see what happens. I
have seedlings growing and seeds planted using it. Crosses that I
pursue here are within the AB family and TB seedlings generally find
their way to the compost pile after a time. Probably stay around
longer than they should all too often.

Registration is a different issue, really. I believe the bloom is
worthy of being officially registered. It's in commerce under the
name and the name could be used to register another plant, couldn't
it? I think it's better for named plants in distribution to be
registered. That would be true for one with unknown parents or one
with an extensive family tree.

If, when they bloom, any of the seedlings are interesting I'd likely
post a photo on this forum. That would likely be all that resulted
from my use.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "loic tasquier"
<tasquierloic@...> wrote:

> Still, Donald, it's not because it hasn't been registered that we
can't use it.
> And if among it's babies there's one worth introduction, we still
can register it with the name of the parent in brackets.

> Loic

__._,_.___
Yahoo! News

Celebrity News