Re: Fw: Lumière d'automne

  • Subject: Re: Fw: Lumière d'automne
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 03:10:53 -0000

> I must persuade Laure Anfosso and Eric Besse that it's worth
registering, unless it's forbidden to register 14years after it's been
introduced !
> I'll inquire first with Mike and Ann!

I hope you're persuasive. It certainly can still be registered. Phil
Edinger has officially registered some historics that went far longer
than 14 years. I believe some historical arilbreds that were in
circulation under name for long time have also been officially
registered much later. I not sure that there isn't still some ongoing
work with some of the old Van Tubergon plants derived from crosses
between regelia and oncocyclus aril hybrids. But some of those had
several plants using the same name as another iris in commerce and that
makes it difficult. All the more reason to see LUMIERE D'AUTOMNE claim
the name officially.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Recent Activity