Re: keeping trash

  • Subject: Re: keeping trash
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 05:46:15 -0800 (PST)

Donald,
I agree with Betty that that's plenty good enough
reason to keep those seedlings -- just because a
non-iris person is drawn to them. I think your
"trashy" seedlings are pretty too -- I can see why
your brother likes them; and you could have lots worse
reasons for keeping them.
I have a large bunch of diploid seedlings that I've
kept around simply from a combination of my laziness
and sentimentality -- it was one of my early crosses
and who's got the time to clear them out. No
non-irisarians had expressed any interest in these.
But, it turns out that these seedlings had a surprise
in store for me -- they're the ones where rebloom is
now showing up. If I'd been more ruthless or
energetic, I'd never have otten to see those
rebloomers -- which I now consider one of my more
promising "breaks".
So, I say keep those pretty seedlings, Donald. Your
brother might be onto something.
Tom

In a message dated 12/18/2006 1:19:29 P.M. Central