Re: CULT: HYB: rebloom

  • Subject: Re: CULT: HYB: rebloom
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 01:05:35 -0500

I agree, Francelle.  Its other good features are excellent branching and longevity of bloom, so I'll be looking to use it in breeding.  I think we appreciate  them more in the winter, too.  Last year, STEALTH FIGHTER was blooming as a cut flower at Christmas, and HAUNTING at the end of the first week in January, but this year's drought made rebloom pretty thin.  We have, indeed, had several killing freezes in the last 2 weeks, but this one (04R3) and a couple of others were cut and brought in before the freezes.  Attached are photos of the Christmas stalk of STEALTH FIGHTER and a better photo taken of a December 11 bloom.  --  Griff