Re: HYB: Maiden bloom Tomorrow's Child X Feedback

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Maiden bloom Tomorrow's Child X Feedback
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:44:39 -0500

A nice red, Mary Lou.  This is the shade that I think might some day lead to signal red.

In answer to your question, I only dug and potted one last year.  The fullness of bloom was really rewarding.  The winter here was mild, so I replanted it as soon as it finished blooming.  Since it had been dug, and was replanted, in an intact ball of earth, I wasn't concerned about any winter damage to it.  As I mentioned, though, it didn't bloom in the spring, even though it was growing healthily.  I hope it's not one of those fall bloomers that sometimes skips spring bloom.  --  Griff