Re: G'day from "Down Under"(Pod Rot)

  • Subject: Re: G'day from "Down Under"(Pod Rot)
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" <mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 21:35:46 -0500

"I don't know what our average rainfall is here, but this year to date we've had 975 mm (39") and I'm having real problems with pod and rhizome rot. Any suggestions"
Remove all leaves  and everything but pods from stalk. You can spray with a 25% bleach solution on mild rot, stalks and rhizomes. Sometimes it can stop it if it has a chance to dry out.
Mike Greenfield
Zone 5b
SW Ohio