Re: Re: Registration Question

  • Subject: Re: Re: Registration Question
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 08:10:53 -0800

Well that is not quite correct.

It is not a matter of "cleaning up", it is a matter of keeping a complete record of what has happened.

Many names are released by the registrant. The original entry in the database is not deleted.

When  a name is released it goes back in the category of available names. In this case it appears that Mary Dunn kept the name Graphique (through the name reservation process).

What IS confusing is that the entry that releases the name in 1993 also lists HM 1998. How did an iris that was destroyed in 1993 get an HM in 1998.

Questions like the original one and mine about the HM should really be addressed to the Registrar for an accurate answer. Mike Lowe is the Registrar (aisregistrar@irises.org) and is more than willing to answer questions.

I will ask my question and report back.

John