OT: Vine-hazzard?

  • Subject: OT: Vine-hazzard?
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:00:27 -0800 (PST)

Hey guys,

I tried to look this up on line, but I'm just no good at finding good websites for this kind of thing.

I was hand grazing my horses yesterday-plenty of pasture just not in the fence- and one of them got hold of this vine.  She decided she liked it and was going after it with a vengence, even trying several times to snatch this piece out of my hands.

Does anyone know what it is?  It's quite prolific on my property and if it's hazardous to horses it must be eradicated.  Sorry, it wilted a bit before I remembered to take the picture.

The berries are at the utmost 1/4" in diameter.   They contain more than two seeds, not round and not flat.  The juice does not stain my fingers.  The fruit looks very much like a minature blueberry, but without that distinctive eye(?).

 The stem is woody, and if I remember correctly from weeding the raspberries the root grows really close under the ground and pulls up very easily.  No thorns, very slight fuzzyness on the stem.

christian

image/pjpeg