Re: OT: vine hazzard resend

  • Subject: Re: OT: vine hazzard resend
  • From: "flatnflashy" <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:38:20 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, christian foster
<flatnflashy@...> wrote:

Well, looks to me like you guys have nailed it with Japanese
Honeysuckle. I have definitely seen those flowers there, and the
rest of the photos on that link look exactly like what I'm familiar
with. Thanks for the link by the way.

I'll have to see what I can find out about it as far as toxicity. As
much as my mare seemed to like it I might even grow it as hay! VBG.

christian

> Thanks for the input gang, sorry about the small picture. I
thought I did that, but it didn't go straight through and I wasn't
feeling patient.

> This is another angle, I forgot to copy the first shot before I
monkeyed with it. File size still doesn't look right, and I tossed
my notes on what I had to do to make the size right... May have to do
a few more test sends.

> Francesca... is this County Ag Inspector connected to the County
Extension Office? My local extension office is staffed with a lot of
old farmer types who don't think anything is out of the ordinary... a
bit frustrating sometimes.

> Debi, you're right I should have mentioned I'm in Ky... I've been
on the group so long I just kinda assume everyone knows...shame on
me. I think it's safe to say that this is not Belladona, because I
know I haven't seen flowers like that on this plant.

> Dana, my horse, grabbed another piece today, and it looked like a
weedy bush. The piece in question was actually poking through the
horse fence, so I guess I know she's had a few pieces on a regular
basis. I think that must mean it's safe at least in small quantities.