[iris] Intermediate Bearded Iris and Fertility

  • Subject: [iris] Intermediate Bearded Iris and Fertility
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:52:09 -0500

Sherry  --  I'm happy to report that my  IB, Coral Chimes (photo attached), which was introduced this year by Winterberry Gardens, is the pod parent of Bradán Eolais (photo attached).  Coral Chimes is a product of TB Summer Olympics x SDB LumaliteCoral Chimes was itself then crossed by Lumalite to produce Bradán EolaisCoral Chimes is a very vigorous plant that increases rapidly.  Bradán Eolais is a tall SDB (14") and has inherited the mother plant's vigor.  As may be seen, it is a true salmon pink (hence the name) with a gold wash.  I was happy to see that Coral Chimes is fertile, since some other of my favorite IB seedlings are, apparently, not.  --  Griff