Fw: [iris] Intermediate Bearded Iris and Fertility

  • Subject: Fw: [iris] Intermediate Bearded Iris and Fertility
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:00:36 +0100

Hello Jan

The second generation crosses are only seeds and are waiting for spring in pots now!

They are:
20 seeds from ((Oriental Baby x Baby Bengal) X I'm Back),
9 seeds from (( Bel Azur x Batik) X Batik ),
10 seeds from (( Morning Show x Yoyo) X Sweetly Sung) ,
12 seeds from ((Sunshine Boy x Rabbit's Foot) X Only Fooling) ,
17 seeds from ((Sunshine Boy x Rabbit's Foot) X (Pele x Hot ) ,
6 seeds from ((Baby Bengal x Tiger Honey) X ( Oriental Baby x Baby Bengal) ,
1 seed from (( Finsterwald x Grecian Skies ) X ( Eitje )),
9 seeds from (( Finsterwald x Grecian Skies ) X ( Snow Spoon x Northern Jewel )) ;
17 seeds from (( Honey Glazed x Cayenne capers ( X (Pele x Hot )) ,
and finally 18 seeds from ( Hell Cat x Romantic Evening ) X ( What Again)) .

Fingers crossed!

Northern Jewel is registered as an IB. With no parentage.
I personnally consider it as a BB: It is SO pollen fertile (as well as pod fertile) and gives extremely good shape. So i hadn't put it in the list.
i have seedlings from it. (Attached)
I am very confident with the second generation Northern Jewel seedlings : Look at Paul Black's Arctic Wind, Dolce and Be my Baby, they all  have 1/4 Northern Jewel.

That all i can do for the cause of IBs this year...!

Can't wait for spring to see it there is any germination!!!

Loïc
       Loïc TASQUIER
       zone 7 - Nederland
 Email :