Fw: ZING ME and spot pattern

  • Subject: Fw: ZING ME and spot pattern
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:23:10 +0100

this mail bounced back
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:14 AM
Subject: ZING ME and spot pattern

Martin,

Crossed with TBs, Zing Me has given many children with spots:

Besotted and Flavours, from (Zing Me X Knight Templar),
Ingenious, from (Zing Me X Imprimis),
Lyrique, from (Zing Me X Divine),
Zingerado, from ( Zing Me x Silverado),
Zinglet, from Zing Me X Specularor)

In order to get the spot you want on TBs, these children could be crossed with TBs that have a wide rim like :
Mastery, and its children Final Episode, Indulgence or Ruling Lord,
Glitterati, and it's child Machismo,
Magharee, and it's children Exclusivity, Opal Brown,
or the older Pagan Dance.

And these are only the Australian ones from Blyth!

To give you some hope:

I have 7 seedlings, out of 23 seeds, from a 2006 cross( Zing Me X Cruise to Autumn).
And from the 2007 crosses, i have 43 seeds from (Zing Me x Romantic Evening).

But i am mostly interested with crosses that will give me IB size irises, so next year i won't cross it with TBs.
So, THIS is for you to do!

Crossed with SDBs in 2006 i got

11 seedlings out of 26 seeds from (Zing Me x Eitje)
6 seedlings out of 55 seeds from (Zing Me x Cimaron rose)

and in 2007:

18 seeds from (Zing Me x "Klojo"=(Gypsy Boy x Hot)),
5 seeds from (Zing Me x Double Life),
and 47seeds from (Zing Me x Pinch me).

You see, it's endless!

Good luck