Re: Cult: For those of you w Deer Problems -Biggest Dog

  • Subject: Re: Cult: For those of you w Deer Problems -Biggest Dog
  • From: Art Bern <acbern@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 22:42:55 -0500 (EST)

I really haven't been following this thread closely but I have deer (sorry John on getting off the iris photos topic). They wonder through my garden, eating the tops of the weeds. They're not good weeders I must say. Actually, I feed them and each has a name. They don't disrupt my garden in any way except maybe moving my T-tape. I think it's fasinating how they can wonder through, not stepping on any of the iris nor not breaking off some bloom stacks. They will bed down, not in my beds but in the aisles. Of course I'm talking about the Columbian Black Tails, not the mule deer that are in the higher elevations and in other parts of the country. Last fall one evening I had ten of them in the garden which is about 100' x 100'. I love the little critters altho our roses aren't in the best of shape!

Merry Xmas to all from CA.

Art Bern, Grass Valley, CA.