Re: Cult: For those of you w Deer Problems -Biggest Dog

  • Subject: Re: Cult: For those of you w Deer Problems -Biggest Dog
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 08:33:07 -0500

<<As long as I remember to put lace caps on the seed pods, we live in peaceful co-existence.  >>

The deer, in my rural area of south central Kentucky, are the white tail deer.  Quite lovely and graceful creatures.  Heavy hunting doesn't even begin to wipe them out.

I might add that they have made vegetable gardening an adventure.  The first year I was here I had a rather large garden (for me).  They didn't discover the taste until late in the season so things went well.  This summer, just 3 years later, I was planting in pots and ringing them with large pots of irises so the deer couldn't reach them.

Next spring my garden will be in pots on a raised deck.  Hoping the deer aren't related to giraffes!  <vbg>

Soooo happy they don't like irises.