Re: HYB: Infernal fire

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Infernal fire
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:00:06 -0500

Hi Anja,

Broken color is not a focus here, either.  I have one that grows well. It came from a cross intended to produce rebloom.

I used the pollen of Infernal Fire on a plicata seedling of mine.  1915 is a cross from Radiant Bliss x Chatter.  1915 gave several good seedlings, none rebloomed.  Picture is 1915-01, sibling to the one used in this cross.

This cross (2127) has been such a big disappointment.  My notes say that the seedlings I planted in early June of 2007 had the weakest roots of any planted.  They did not grow well and none bloomed in 2008.  Not sure if any are still alive.

<<I would love to see some seedling pictures of it as a pod or pollen parent>>
Betty Wilkerson
KY zone 6