Re: HYB: Infernal Fire

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Infernal Fire
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 14:13:21 -0000

Repost as it didn't seem to go through yesterday.

Indeed one grand parent had plicata. So it would be theoretically
possible that Pure as Gold could have two plicata genes. A search of
offspring of 'Pure As Gold' would suggest that this not the situation.

Infernal fire would seem to have only two plicata genes based on its
pedigree.

So it would appear that 'Pure As Gold' is rra. but this is speculation
given what is most probable in this situation. It would need
supporting data to confirm it.

This would make Infernal fire with three rra genes and a BC
anthocyanin gene. Also two plicata genes.

Again speculation.

I have made myself some notes to test out both possibilities.

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Linda Mann <lmann@...> wrote:

> <As least there doesn't appear to be any plicata genetics in Pure As
Gold>