Re: HYB: rebloom: Eva's yellow
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: rebloom: Eva's yellow
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 18:22:04 -0500

Loic and Barb  --  This is a little seedling that I gave away to a friend several years ago.  When it rebloomed for her, she insisted that I take back some of it.  I didn't keep a record of its parentage.  It's so vigorous that I intend to cross it with some other IBs, including one rebloomer, to see if something good can come of it.  The flower form isn't really to my liking, although the judges at our fall show liked it  --  I just took it to help ensure that we had enough cultivars for a valid show.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if a pleasing (to me) flower results in one or two generations.

I posted it once before.  It has interesting squiggly foliage (see attached).  --  Griff