Re: HYB TB 2 Photos: Pastel Luminata
  • Subject: Re: HYB TB 2 Photos: Pastel Luminata
  • From: "Michael Sutton" <orders@suttoniris.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 06:24:50 -0700

nice, soft colors Margie,
thanks for posting
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 3:24 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB TB 2 Photos: Pastel Luminata

This was a nice surprise for me this past spring.................it is a pastel Luminata. White ground falls and edges, white around both sides of the beard, w/ white luminata veining. It has a blend of Pastel coloring through out the standards as well as the wash on the falls.
Fancy Woman x (Double Click x seedling 20205-01 ((Pencil Sketch x Sapphire Hills x Flights of Fancy))
Seedling 20205-1 was a creamy white very pale lavender luminata plicata. It bloomed only it's first year before the plant was destroyed by grubs. Fortunately the cross survived. I'm really looking to the rest of the blooms this coming spring.
The pollen parent Double Click x 202050 -1 (is pictured below). It was a sparkling pearlescent gold. I have since lost it too, to grubs. (I think. I've saved and am babying a piece of (what I hope is) it)
~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.