Re: Re: Re: HYB: Megglethorp X Double Scoop
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: Re: HYB: Megglethorp X Double Scoop
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 11:10:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi Loic,
I can see why you thought of 'Miss Nellie'.
They look amazingly similar.

I'm hoping to use something that will cancel out the purple background of the falls so that the spot becomes more noticeable. I'd like to get the brownish-red spot from this seedling but on a white, yellow, pink or pale-orange background. Any suggestions for a tetraploid BB, TB or MTB (to use for pollen) that would accomplish this kind of erasing of the purple.

By the way, I caught a glimpse of your seedling "C314A" while I was at your link. I can see why you were over the moon - that's a really nice look.
Take care, Tom