REB: 06-48ARE Debrenee X Immortality
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: REB: 06-48ARE Debrenee X Immortality
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 00:21:44 -0500

If you're going to force me to guess, I'd say from the Maryotts.
They introduced some very nice things.  I've had some other good stalks
from Immortality, but not this kind of bud count.  Debrenee grew pretty
well here, until it got overrun by Silk Romance.  Hardly anything from warmer
zones shows the buds and branches it's capable of when I grow it here. Of
course, anything that doesn't rebloom or produce rebloom is only here
temporarily, for virtues it might contribute.

I was only able to plant 4 from this cross.  One of the others had a spent
primary fan in spring of 08, then was underwater for about 3 weeks, altogether,
during that spring/summer.  This one was, too, but shook it off and tried to put
up a stalk. That's the kind of toughness/resilience I want to go forward with.

I have a hard time warming up to the color.  It looks less blue, more lavender
than it appears on Iris-Photos.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5