HYB: Rebloom: snow seedling
  • Subject: HYB: Rebloom: snow seedling
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 17:18:15 -0500

We had 2 feet of snow here on the weekend of the 19th and several days of low 20s temps following, so the snow hung on until yesterday, when it warmed up and rain melted the snow.  To my surprise, I found that this (082W8: Haunting X 02B1(a long-pedigreed seedling involving Starring) had used its time under the snow to send up a stalk.  So did several other seedlings, including one or two that have never rebloomed before.  Of course, I don't expect any of these to make it through the next freezes  --  unless they get a snow blanket again???  --  Griff

JPEG image