Re: re: seeds
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: re: seeds
  • From: Vicki <jvickic@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 16:05:36 -0800

El,
I realize that the OGB, Regalia and similar hybrid seed do take extra care. I am referring to and I should have stated just regular bearded iris,,,diploid as well as tetraploid. It seems to me that years ago it was recommended to nick the seeds prior to planting to assist in breaking dormancy. We haven't even tried to grow them since the early 70's. Used to visit Bushey's garden in northern California and were quite taken by his iris.  They we were transferred to a different climate o gave up the idea.
Vicki