Re: HYB: seed: germination
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: seed: germination
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 00:28:02 -0500

I can't think of anything particular  about pink or orange that would affect seed germination. allthough pink and orange are  very weak growers in colder climates. So possibly  starting to germinate and then get frost killed before getting above soil. Just a wild guess.

I haven't noticed any similar germination pattern here.

In my post of seeds in pantyhose, the pantyhose is in a salad  container, that contains salad when bying it in store. One of these containers contains agout 80  seed pods in plastic baggies  with peat moss. I use cookie or treat sized plastic baggies. Whole container can be snuck into fridge without taking up too much space.  Have gotten away with tow, but when ther were three, I got banned from family fridge. Then they went into garage untill it  starting gettin to freezing temperature, then went under back stairs, where it was at near fridge temperature.  Other option is a bar fridge.

Chuck Chapman