Re: HYB: sprouting seeds
  • Subject: Re: HYB: sprouting seeds
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 16:26:08 -0500

El, for TBs, it doesnt' seem to matter how deep they are planted, but
temperature, at least for crosses here, has been critical. Too warm and
they never make it above ground. Has to be well below 70oF - around
50oF to 60oF seems ideal for crosses I've made.

Even with roots well out of the seed, I've seen zero make it above above
ground at 70oF.

I'm sure this is not true for all seeds tho - at least one cross of some
Oregon/CA/Oz genes sprouted a few seeds in the middle of the summer here
one year.

No idea what it would be for arilbreds.

> My one worry was how deep to plant the seeds that sprouted though.
> El

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7