Re: HYB: a little color - 3
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: a little color - 3
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 15:47:33 -0500

Betty  --  Did your cross of LW X Romantic Evening produce any seedlings that retained the velvet texture and dark color in the falls?  Have you some photos?  --  Griff

Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: a little color - 3

<<LWâs form, Betty.  Itâs also a sturdy iris.>>
Griff, in my cross with LW X Romantic Evening, a high percent of seedlings have good form.  Branching, etc., need work, but it was definitely a forward step in my opinion.  It's my experience, when working with rebloomers, that total success is rarely reached in the first generation.  ;-)

Betty