Re: REB: continuous RE, but who cares?
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: REB: continuous RE, but who cares?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 18:58:05 -0500

Blooms all summer and fall? Has those summer bloom genes, so I care.

But I'm a bit confused - Chuck, are you saying that in your experience,
crossing fall cycle TBs with FOREVER BLUE produces everbloomers? Or
summer bloomers? I thought your theory was that everblooming (i.e. FB)
and summer are both full recessive?

Or did you mean it produces a high percentage of cycle type rebloomers,
enhances ability of fall cycle type TBs to give cycle seedlings that
bloom more reliably?

I dont' quite understand how Mary Lou's summer blooming seedling from a
cycle reblooming seedling X FB fits the theory, unless FB has at least
one dose of summer too. But you didn't get any summers from IMM X FB,
so that seems unlikely. Interesting.

<Forever Blue produces a lot of rebloomers like this from crosses with
Fall Cyclic TB rebloomers. Chuck Chapman>

<Another one out of 03-236ARE: Bonus Mama X Neptune's Cloak, which
reblooms too late here. This one an IB by Forever Blue that bloomed all
summer and fall... Mary Lou>

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7