Re: Re: REB: continuous RE, but who cares?
  • Subject: Re: Re: REB: continuous RE, but who cares?
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 23:22:33 -0500

I checked my records. My two remaining seedlings from Forever Blue X Victoria Falls rebloomed  here Aug 18th. Exceptionaly early. And one of them continued until frost. Normally bloom much later.

All my FC rebloomers bloome exceptionally early this year, and not sure exactly why, although bloom was about 3 weeks early here and it was an exceptionally  warm year.

But I still call it a FC rebloomer.

Any rebloomer will continue to rebloom (after initial trigger) as long as it is producing  mature fans and it has bud set temperatures. Growth and production of mature fans depends a on the secondary factors of  plant vigour .

"03-236ARE: Bonus Mama X Neptune's Cloak, which reblooms too late here" is obviously a fall cyclic rebloomer.  And my guess would be that it is a very strong, fast grower..  So I would still consider this sedling  a FC rebloomer, until I get info  that clearly shows otherwise.

I'm thinking that the "Whenever"  Rebloomers like Forever Blue are a combination of factors. One definatly recessive. And  one  possibly dominant. Perhaps a third factor. Definatly not a single recessive  or even a double recessive.   This based on current data  gathered this summer.

Still lots to learn on genetics and triggers of rebloom.

Chuck Chapman