Re: REB: Renown X Wearing Rubies fall maiden
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: REB: Renown X Wearing Rubies fall maiden
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 07:38:54 -0500

Thanks for posting Mary Lou. Lovely rich color on the falls.

Only difference I've noticed between 1st, 2nd & the few 3rd year
seedlings is vigor - first year varies a lot (from strong to very weak),
second year usually averages stronger, 3rd usually very weak. Probably
not statistically significant for mine either.

I'm not getting very high germination/survival rates from RENOWN
seedlings so far, but don't have a lot of crosses yet. Those that do
survive have been super vigorous so far, but like many of the IMM kids,
none super fertile so far. But no super weather during breeding seasons
yet either. No F2's yet.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7