Re: AB: sdlg half sibling
  • Subject: Re: AB: sdlg half sibling
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:05:13 -0500

A very pretty flower, Donald.  Might you want to cross it with the red near-amoena ((TENNESSEE GENTLEMAN x SCOTCH GOLD) x ENERGIZER) that you just posted.  Two doses of TG, then.  Does TG rebloom in your area? I don’t see any RE in its background, but keep thinking I heard a report of rebloom somewhere.  --  Griff
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:14 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] AB: sdlg half sibling

DESERT EMBROIDERY). A bit stronger on the aril characteristics. Quite a
bit to work with here if it can pass it along to another generation. Very
strong substance, very wide falls. Falls a bit too horizontal. Also set a
very full pod. They're planted but so far nothing is up. Both seedlings
display a characteristic I'd like to maintain. They developed the bloom
stalks at a much slower rate than most TBs. Those stalks were very strong.
It also puts the bloom time toward the end of the AB bloom meaning there
will often be less risk of being caught by a late freeze. But the truth is
I don't really know what may come of using the unbalanced chromosome set
parents. So I'd like to get to another generation using these.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA