Re: AB: sdlg
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: AB: sdlg
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:25:22 -0000

I liked the coloring just fine. Maybe I'll like the form better next time around. Actually, while I don't see much alteration in color from maiden bloom in subsequent years, I do see changes in form, substance and bloom size. Fortunately the changes have been for the better as a general rule. I've never seen one go backward in regards to substance. Generally maiden bloom tends to be oversized, so a reduced size in the bloom tends to bring the plant into better balance overall and keeps the ever-blowing wind from toppling them over quite as bad. When maiden bloom is relatively small, then they can get too small but that's only occurred among TBs. AB blooms tend to be a bit too large sometimes for the stalk height to suit my preference.

Donald