AB: JOINT VENTURE sdlg #1
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AB: JOINT VENTURE sdlg #1
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:57:16 -0600

Got a pod with six seeds in it off of JOINT VENTURE. Unbelievably, all six
seeds germinated. Only the second time I've ever had 100% germination and
with an unbalanced chromosome parent it was enough to make me question
whether the cultivar was really JV. However, I think it is. Just an
incredible anomaly. The pollen parent is presumably a seedling from ZERZURA
X JEHOSAPHAT'S RELIANCE. I'm a little unsure of that. It certainly could
be and I certainly used the pollen, but I distinctly remember walking by and
using something else. If I did, I didn't record it, but the memory is so
clear and strong I'll always be hesitant about the truth of the cross. Only
five seedlings survived, but they all bloomed. This was the first one.
I'll post all of them as I come in to warm up from raking the never ending
supply of leaves. Didn't much care for the uneven color distribution on the
falls of this one.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA