AB: sdlg JV#5
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AB: sdlg JV#5
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 17:53:22 -0600

The last to bloom of the JOINT VENTURE X (ZERZURA x JEHOSAPHAT'S RELIANCE)
maybe cross. My personal favorite. I liked the color and pattern, but also
when the falls gave up the tuck as the bloom aged it had a classic iris
silhouette of 3 standards over 3 falls. All five of these set pods, but #1
thru #4 aborted the pods and this one was the only plant to yield a mature
pod. Some of those seeds have germinated now. Now I hope to see some more
seedlings derived using an unbalanced chromosome set parent bloom next
spring. I should if nothing disastrous happens.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image