Re: AB: chasing blue in ABs
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: AB: chasing blue in ABs
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 14:48:15 -0000

I'm sorry, Griff. The upper left is Childsong, the upper right is Zerzura. That 'X' in between was intended to show that was the cross that produced Feeling Sorta Blue which was crossed to Energizer in the lower right. The whole thing was to show how the blue beard was tracking, so the grandparents and parents of the seedling in the middle are shown. Since Zerzura and Energizer have yellow beards, I found the blue beard being retained was interesting and I believe blue beards are much more common among the median class where Childsong comes in. Is that not correct? Genetic Artist, a parent of Childsong is an AB with a lavender beard. The beards are blue on those in the photo. I think there may be some regelia aril genes involved that are allowing the strong _expression_ of the blue beards, but I wasn't expecting it to show up with the crosses involved. So, given a bit of opportunity, I'll chase it in a haphazard way but it won't really be a focus that I concentrate on going for.

Donald