Re: Margie Brown's Red Iris
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Margie Brown's Red Iris
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 11:37:57 -0500

Janet  --  I have seen many photos of Margie Brownâs red seedling, both in sun and in shade, and it appears that the color, at least in the photos, is RHS 45 or 46.  This is based on the flowers being photographed adjacent to the color charts.  As for the photo contest, I havenât looked at the criteria recently, so canât offer an opinion, but as far as sheer color goes, this flower is a winner and probably a breakthrough.  --  Griff

Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 8:35 AM
Subject: [iris-photos] Margie Brown's Red Iris

For the photo contest this year Margie Brown sent me the following photos.
Her first "red" iris.  So what do you think?

Janet, California