Re: Good News!!

Hi Bob,

That is wonderful news.  I am sorry I have not been posting lately but this has been my busiest time of year.  After the 2nd week of January I will be back in the posting business.  I have been preparing photos when I have some spare time.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.

From: Robert Pries <robertpries@embarqmail.com>
To: iris-photos <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>; iris <iris@hort.net>; IrisEditors <IrisEditors@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2011 11:18 AM
Subject: [iris-photos] Good News!!

We have hit a new benchmark. The Iris Encyclopedia now has over 40,000 cultivar pages. The Iris Register I am told has 65,000 registered names and with unregistered, and botanical names included there should be no more than 80,000 names total, so we are somewhere between 50% and 60% of complete. It seems likely we will be up to that by this summer.
But we have approximately only 30,000 images. So you history detectives can help us find many images that are missing. It is a delight to see pages with 10 to 15 images.  So ultimately we could have over a million images. With now over 300 helpers it is my wish for the New Year that we can top this last year. Thanks again to everyone and have a great New Year.
Please excuse my cross posting the good news.