Re: Question
  • Subject: Re: Question
  • From: Eleanor Hutchison <eleanore@mymts.net>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 07:20:30 -0600

Morning all.
I'd sure like to see pix of your village displays, Jan.
El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2011 8:31 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Question

I am sure your list is very long.  I have been amazed how much you have gotten done over the last 2-3 years.

By the Christmas house, do you mean our insane village displays?  We have finished two full large (6 x 8 ft) displays, one smaller (4 x 4 ft), two small (2 x 2 and 2 x 4).  Now we are finishing up the largest display (5 x 12 ft).  Lots of details to work on after we get the overall finished.  Our series of open houses will run 4 days from Jan. 10th until the 14th.  We try to sign up for the January tours rather than those before Christmas.  Makes life a lot easier to get it all finished when we have the three weeks my daughter has off from teaching to work on them.
If you are interested, I will send a couple of pics from lasts years displays.  One of those received a 4 page spread in the last Village Delights magazine.  My daughter was delighted to be so honored.